Configuring Rooms for Check-In Suite
Check-In Suite utilizes Rooms in MinistryPlatform to enhance the check-in process and functionality Kiosk and/or Classroom Manager. Each Room Reservation has fields specific to Check-In Suite that must be set correctly in order for a Room to display in the Check-In Suite.
Room Fields Related to Check-In Suite
- Maximum Capacity: The capacity of this room; how many people it can safely accommodate. Reported on against actual attendance in the Group Room Overview section of the Admin Console. Note: Max Capacity is designed to be used with Balance Priority (see below). Rooms over capacity without another Room configured for balancing do not "close" and thus would go "over" capacity.
- Print Server: The print server mapped to this Room. These mappings are managed in the Printer Mappings section of the Admin Console.
- Printer Name: The printer name mapped to this Room. These mappings are managed in the Printer Mappings section of the Admin Console.
Room Reservation Fields Related to Check-In Suite
- Group: The Group using the Room.
- Default Group Room: Deprecated field. Replaced by Balance Priority field.
- Balance Priority: For balancing Participants between Rooms:
- For one Group using one Room, simply set both Room Reservations as 0.
- For multiple Groups sharing the same Room, simply set both Room Reservations as 0.
- For one Group assigned to multiple Rooms:
- Fill one completely, then fill other: set first Room Reservation to 0, then other to 1.
- Fill evenly, back and forth: set both Room Reservations as 0.
Example: Room 1 and Room 2 have balance priority set to 0 and Room 3 has a balance priority set to 1. Check-in will alternate back-and-forth to distribute the attendees evenly between Room 1 and Room 2. Once both rooms are filled to capacity, Check-in will overflow any remaining attendees to Room 3.
From the Platform, create Rooms with the correct specifications.
- Ensure that the Rooms used for an Event are present in the Platform.
- Ensure the Rooms have Room Reservation records for the Events:
- Open an Event record in MinistryPlatform.
- On the Rooms & Groups sub-page, click New.
- Choose the Room.
- Choose the Group.
- Set any other optional values.
- Click Save.
- Ensure any Room Reservation records include a specified Group.
Event Rooms and Groups Tool