Connection Card Tool
- The Connection Card Tool is a single-screen tool that allows you to log several different contact points for one person at the same time. This is most commonly used to log information that visitors or other attendees provide via the connection cards at the back of your pews, seats or bulletins.
- Through the Connection Card Tool, one individual can have the following records logged for them at one time:
- Unlimited Milestone records (for example: faith commitment, baptism),
- Unlimited Opportunity records for active Opportunities (for example: visitor, first impressions, service opportunities),
- One Event registration for an Event ending within the last 30 days and next 60 days, and
- One Prayer Request or Comment with a Note up to 2,000 characters.
- Information logged in MinistryPlatform via the Connection Card Tool can be used with Processes to automatically contact the individual the information is logged for, or to cue a staff person or volunteer to follow-up with the individual.
- After clicking Save, your selections are saved as it is common for there to be multiple Connection Cards to be input with the same or similar information. To clear the selections and start with a blank Connection Card, click Reset Form.
In order for options to show up on the Connection Card Tool, the following needs to be setup:
- Create or update desired Milestone records, and set the On Connection Card field to YES.
- Create or update desired Opportunity records, and set the On Connection Card field to YES.The Opportunity must also be current - either no date specified or a future date in the Opportunity Date field.
- Create or update desired Event records, and setup the On Connection Card field to YES.
- Create or update desired Feedback Types in Lookup Values > Feedback Types (for example: Comment, Prayer Request).
- Ensure you have the necessary Programs to associate with Milestones and Feedback (such as "[Site] Worship Service").
- SPoCs can grant user access to this tool via by configuring Security Roles and Permissions for Tools.
Using the Connection Card Tool
- Launch the tool by either:
- Going to Contacts page > open desired Contact record > Tools > Connection Card Tool, OR
- Tools > Connection Card Tool > search for the desired Household.
- Search results (if available) will appear and update as you continue to type.
- If no match is found, add the individual using the Add/Edit Family Tool and then search again.
- When the correct Household is found, choose the correct family member in that Household.
- Enter the desired information:
- Congregation Filter: indicate the desired Congregation, if needed, to filter the following drop down options.
- Effective Date: indicate desired date (could be the date the individual filled out the card, the date the card was entered, etc.)
- Opportunity Responses: if Opportunity Responses need to be logged, check the box > choose the desired Opportunity > indicate Notes, if needed. If multiple Opportunities are needed, click +Add Opportunity.
- Milestones: if Milestones need to be logged, check the box > choose the desired Milestone > choose the appropriate Program > indicate Notes, if needed. If multiple Milestones are needed, click +Add Milestone.
- Event: if Event registration needs to be logged, check the box > choose the desired Event > choose the appropriate Participation Status > indicate Notes, if needed.
- Feedback Type: if Feedback needs to be logged, check the box > choose the desired Feedback Type > choose the appropriate Program > choose the appropriate Visibility Level > indicate prayer/comments in the Notes field.
- Click Save.
- The form will be reloaded, saving all selections except the name. To clear, click Reset Form.
- Repeat as needed. Note: Identical Connection Card entries will be prevented. A value in the tool must change for another record to be able to be saved.
Information logged via the Connection Card Tool is stored in the following locations in MinistryPlatform:
- Milestone: stored as a Milestone, which can be found in:
- Participant record > Milestones sub-page.
- People Lists > Milestones Assigned, and
- Milestones page > Participants sub-page.
- Opportunity: stored as an Opportunity Response, which can be found in:
- Opportunities page > Participants sub-page,
- People Lists > Responses, and
- Participant record > Responses sub-page.
- Event Registration: stored as an Event Participant record, which can be found in:
- Participant record > Events sub-page.
- People Lists > Event Participants, and
- Events page > specific Event > Participants sub-page.
- Prayer Request or Comment: stored as a Feedback Entry record, which can be found in:
- Communications > Feedback Entries, and
- Contact record > Feedback.
- The Feedback Entry Title field will also include the name of the Contact.
0:10 - Overview
0:46 - Initial Setup
1:10 - Launching the Tool
1:37 - Entering Data
2:13 - Finding the Records in MP