Impersonate Portal User Tool
- The Impersonate Portal User allows you to quickly log into the Portal as another user.
- The tool allows you to assist other Portal users for items such as troubleshooting issues, providing training or taking specific actions on the church member's behalf (e.g., canceling recurring online gifts).
- The tool is available on multiple pages, including Contacts, Participants, and Donors.
- The tool can be launched from the data grid, an open record or a selection of records.
- The tool is typically used by SPoCs or other high-level users.
- In order to have access to this tool, a SPoC can grant access to the tool by following the normal process. While there is a "Can Impersonate" field on the User record, that field is used to grant access to the Impersonate Platform User Tool and doesn't affect the "Impersonate Portal User" Tool.
Using the Impersonate Portal User Tool
- Launch the tool by either:
- Open the desired record > Tools > Impersonate Portal User; OR
- Select the desired record(s) > Tools > Impersonate Portal User.
- In the pop-up window that appears, choose the desired option. Regardless of which option you initially choose, you can navigate to other Portal pages and remain logged in as the individual you're impersonating:
- Complete the desired action on the Portal. You will remain logged in as this User until you click Logout.
If you are impersonating a portal user and they do not have a User record, the autofill drop down will not show.
Last Modified: 12/13/2018
Did this article help?
× Thank You for the Feedback