ACH File Creator Tool
- The ACH File Creator Tool creates an NACHA file for upload to your bank. The file contains donations from the Scheduled Donations page, which has a row per donation per donor.
- The ACH File Creator also creates a Batch to be reviewed and finalized in the BMT.
- If a scheduled donation has an end date in the past, the ACH File Creator Tool will not place items related to this scheduled donation in the ACH file or the Batch.
- You are responsible for securing permission from donors to debit the donor's account on a specific day of the month, as well as abiding by any NACHA regulations.
Update your Accounting Company records
- Go to Church Structure > Accounting Companies.
- Open the desired Accounting Company record. In the ACH Settings section, enter the following values as provided by your bank. Note that values entered in each field are bank-specific, so you might not have information for every field:
- Immediate Destination ID: routing number + check digit for the immediate destination or ACH operator.
- Immediate Origin ID: nine-digit Federal Tax ID or other ID given by your bank.
- Immediate Destination Name: your bank or ACH operator's name.
- Immediate Origin Name: your bank or ACH operator's name.
- Immediate Routing Number: the routing number of the immediate origin (this is usually the bank's routing number, but it may be the same as the Immediate Origin ID).
- Receiving DFI ID: nine-digit routing number of your bank.
- Click Save.
Add a Scheduled Donation
Once the Accounting Company record is updated, at least one scheduled donation must be set up. To do so, go to Stewardship > Scheduled Donations > click New and input the necessary information > Save. Note the following fields and how they are used by the Tool:
- Day of the month*: The day of the month the tool will deduct the payment.
- Start Date*: The first day that a transaction can be debited from their account.
- End Date*: The last day that a transaction can be debited from their account.
If a record is created with the Day of the Month set to the 15, the start date 1/1/2017 and the end date 12/31/2017, then the first date a donation would be debited is on 1/15/2017 and the last date would be 12/15/2017.
Grant User Access
Grant user access to the tool via the normal process.
Creating an ACH File
- Go to Stewardship > Batches > Tools > ACH File Creator.
- Complete the required Filter ACH Options and Batch Details fields.
- Click Next:
- A file becomes available for download. Be sure to download the file before closing this window.
- A Batch is created and available for edit in the BMT.
- Save the file to the desired location on your computer.
- Upload the file to your bank or gateway according to their instructions.
- Once confirmation is received from the bank that the file has been processed, edit and finalize the Batch in the BMT as you normally would.
Ending a Scheduled Donation
If a scheduled donation has an end date in the past, the ACH File Creator Tool will not place items related to this scheduled donation in the ACH file or the Batch. To end a scheduled donation, go to Stewardship > Scheduled Donations > open the desired record > add a date in the End Date field > click Save.