Assign Participant Tool
Registrations by anonymous users on the Portal are sometimes initially matched to the Default Contact record rather than the record of an actual Participant. The Assign Participant Tool allows you to quickly review and assign these registrations to an appropriate Participant record.
Anonymous Users and Default Contact
- Users may submit data anonymously using the Public Portal
- A user is anonymous if they have not logged in
- A user is authenticated if logged in (Default Contact is not used in this case)
- Anonymous users are matched to the Default Contact record if the details provided do not match a Contact
- The platform determines a match based on the information input during the submission process
- The following values are used to match a Contact:
- First Name/Nickname must match
- Last Name must match
- Email or Phone must match (only one is required for a match)
|Name Mismatch||Name Mismatch||Email Mismatch||Mobile Mismatch||Email/Mobile Mismatch|
The Assign Participant Tool
- The tool will not affect the Recipient or the Purchaser in the Invoice record or the Contact in the Payment record. These fields need to be changed manually if any are matched with Default Contact.
- SPoCs can grant user access to this tool via the Security Roles and Tool Permissions.
- From an open Event record, the tool will update the Group record attached to an Event when the correct Participant is assigned.
- The tool will update the Form Response record with the Contact when the Participant is assigned.
- Launch the tool by either:
- Going to Events > open desired Event record > Tools > Assign Participant, OR
- Going to Events > Tools > Assign Participant > search for and choose desired Event.
- Click a Registration to review possible matches:
- If a match exists, click Assign next to the correct Participant.
- If a match doesn't exist, click Create Participant, enter any additional info as desired (most fields will auto-fill from the Notes field) and click Create Participant. The Congregation field auto-fills with the Congregation of the Event.
- Repeat step 2 as needed, then click Close.
Create Participant Button
If a person is not in the database this button creates a Household, Contact and Participant record and allows you to optionally add a spouse.