Group Attendance Tool
- The Group Attendance Tool allows you to quickly post Group-specific Event attendance.
- The tool must be launched from an open Event record, and cannot be launched from a selection.
- When launched, the tool allows you to mark attendance for all Groups associated with an Event. Additionally, if the Ignore Program Groups field is set to No (False) on the Event, you can also mark attendance for all Program Groups belonging to the Event's Program.
- This tool is not necessary if you want to record attendance without regard for whether people attended the event as part of a group. Instead, you can either mark attendance by clicking Add on the Participants sub-page of the Event, or you can mark headcount numbers by using Event Metrics to mark headcount numbers.
- Tip: This tool can be used to quickly register people from an existing Group into an Event in advance of the event to facilitate Check-in.
- SPoCs can grant user access to the tool via the normal Security Roles and Tool Permissons.
To use Program Groups for attendance, the following must be true:
- If the "Ignore Program Groups" field is set to No (False) on an Event.
- There must be a Program Group record matching Program for the Event and the Group.
- The Program Group record must be active at the time of attendance.
The Program Group record can be added in the Group record's Program sub-page or the Program Groups page (noun).
To use Event Groups for attendance, there must be an Event Group record matching the Event and Group. This can be created on the Event record's Group sub-page or the Event Groups page (noun).
Note: If "Rooms & Group" sub-page is populated but not Event Groups sub-page, a nightly routine will populate after the end date of the event in order to allow the tool to be used post-event.
Marking Group Attendance
- Go to Events > open desired Event record > Tools > Group Attendance Tool.
- Select desired Group.
- Select desired individuals.
- Select desired Participation Status.
- If desired, select a Room.
- Click Complete.
- Repeat steps 2-6 as needed for additional Groups.
0:17 - Launching the Tool
0:31 - Working within the Tool