Roll Scan Attendance Tool
- The Roll Scan Attendance Tool allows you to use a barcode reader to quickly mark event attendance and ensure their Group Participant record is credited with the attendance. This tool is meant to be used after an event by a MinistryPlatform user. Note: this Tool is designed only to be used to record Group Attendance. It cannot be used to update Attendance for an event with pre-registered participants.
- Purchase a standard Code 3of9 Barcode Reader (USB) and install it on the SQL server.
- Install the Barcode fonts (Click here for download) on the SQL server and workstation.
- Restart the Server and then refresh the cache on the workstation.
- Grant user access to the tool via the normal process of adding the tool to the page and/or giving a User rights to the tool.
Using the Roll Scan Attendance Tool
- Go to the Events page, and open the desired Event record.
- Click Tools > Rollscan Attendance Tool.
- Use your barcode reader to scan the barcode for each present person. (Note: the ID the tool uses is the Group Participant ID)
- Click Post Attendance.
- Close the tool. Attendance can be viewed by refreshing the Event record and looking at the Participants sub-page.
Preparing a Group barcode roster
- Go to Groups > selected desired Groups.
- Click Reports > Selected Group Rollscan Roster.
- Set the desired report parameters, and then click View Report.
- Export the report to PDF, and print it. You can then use this roster to mark attendance during your event.
Last Modified: 6/19/2020
Did this article help?
× Thank You for the Feedback