Trim Selection Tool
- The Trim Selection Tool allows you to quickly remove records from a selection (and to make a new selection of the removed records, if desired).
- Currently, the following criteria is available for trimming:
- Contact Status
- Marital Status
- Bulk Email Opt Out
- Do Not Text
- Missing Email Address
- Missing Mobile Phone
- Age Range
- Household Position
- Missing Home Phone
- Missing Household Address
- HH Bulk Mail Opt Out
- Participant Type
- Group Type
- Group Role Type
- Group Role
- Current Publication
- Previous Publication
- The tool is only available on the Contacts, Participants and Donors pages.
- The tool must be launched from a selection of records.
- Custom fields are not available in the Trim Selection Tool.
- SPoCs can grant user access to the tool via the normal process.
Trimming a Selection
- Make a selection. If your selection isn't already on the Contacts, Participants or Donors pages, transfer your selection to one of those pages.
- Click Tools > Trim Selection.
- In the pop-up window, find the criteria you want to remove:
- If the desired criteria has a drop-down menu, choose the appropriate item in the list (which updates the count for that criteria).
- Nested lists filter accordingly (e.g., to see the Group Types used within a specific Ministry, select the Ministry for the Group Types to filter to the ones used in that Ministry).
- Click Remove to trim-out the desired criteria:
- You can optionally create a new selection containing the removed records. If you want to do so, check the box > name the selection > click OK. If you do not want to do so, don't check the box and click OK.
- Close the tool. The data grid refreshes automatically to reflect the trimming.
Last Modified: 3/30/2018
Did this article help?
× Thank You for the Feedback