Data migration moves all possible data from the legacy system to MinistryPlatform. You are responsible for mapping data from the legacy system into MinistryPlatform; migration moves data based on how you map it. Anything mapped with an invalid landing place is not migrated. You are in control of what does and doesn't come into MinistryPlatform.
Several data migrations occur prior to final migration. Anything related to Contact records, donations or participation are overwritten with each migration Anything related to the configuration and setup of the system is not overwritten.
Only data in your legacy system is migrated into MinistryPlatform unless otherwise indicated in your Statement of Work. You can work with Professional Services after implementation is complete if additional data sources need to be migrated.
How Specific Items are Migrated
Only one address per Household is migrated. Talk to your coach if you have more than one address per household.
Only one email per Contact is migrated.
It is your responsibility to learn how to obtain images from your legacy system. That said, we can provide guidance if we know the legacy system. Here are some systems that we are already familiar with:
- Shelby v5: images are saved under the SSV5.DAT folder in the root of the Shelby folder. The images must be moved to a file on the Shelby server if not already in the same instance.
- Shelby Arena: images are attached to the database backup, so you don't need to do anything.
- Fellowship One: images need to be requested from Fellowship One
When/what is migrated depends on the legacy system:
- Shelby v5: MICR information is migrated in the final data migration.
- Shelby Arena: MICR information is migrated with each migration.
- Fellowship One: MICR information is migrated with each migration.
- ACS: MICR information can be migrated if provided. You must work with ACS to access this information.
- Other: check with your Project Manager.
Usernames can emulate whatever you're using in the legacy system.