“When do we get our login credentials?”
It is a common question, and a good one. Here’s what you need to know:
- We give everyone on your staff access to MinistryPlatform on the first day of training.
- We ensure that all the user names follow the same pattern (such as first name, last initial - ex: melissak) and then we mass assign a password to everyone (except the Church Project Manager and SPoCs, since they should already have their user names and will have already changed their password).
- The first thing we do in class is log in together and go to change/update passwords. The goal for this is to:
- see how simple it is to log in/change a password
- ensure that everyone is logging in for the first time at training.
- The next thing we will do is do a simple search with no direction. It is an important first step for people to see that the system is simple enough that they can be successful in finding themselves in the system without previous instruction.
- The most helpful thing to do to get people in to the system smoothly is to ensure that they have easy access to your MinistryPlatform URL. We would suggest either typing it up on a piece of paper for every participant in a nice, large font, or sending it out to everyone via email the morning of training and letting them know that they will get their credentials at training.
- If you have a user or a few users who are concerned about the login in process, feel free to invite them to come about 10-15 minutes early and we can get them in and ready.
Last Modified: 12/15/2016
Did this article help?
× Thank You for the Feedback