Managing Form Responses
A SPoC can setup a Process to notify a user when a Custom Form response is submitted.
When someone completes a Custom Form, you can find their response in a couple different places:
- Custom Forms > All Form Responses > search for the desired Form title, or
- Custom Forms > Forms > open desired Form > Responses sub-page.
Note: The Forms or Form Responses that can be seen might be limited based on your Global Filter permissions. A Form Responses Congregation is set automatically.
There are several options for viewing individual responses to a Custom Form:
- The Form Responses Tool exports the form submissions into Excel.
- The Selected Form Responses report organizes each response into a document.
- To see a single submission, click any response and read the individual's submission.
Responses Assigned to Default Contact
To update forms assigned to Default Contact:
- Open the form response.
- Click Edit.
- In the Contact field, search for and select the appropriate Contact record (if the person doesn't yet exist in MinistryPlatform, add them via the Add/Edit Family Tool).
- Click Save, then Close.
Following-Up on Placement Required fields
If the Participants should be placed in specific Groups or Events after they complete the Form:
Mark the Form Field as Placement Required = Yes.
Create a custom view on the All Form Answers page that filters for answers where the Form Field record has Placement Required = Yes and the Form Answer has Placed = False. If desired, also add filters for dates, Events, etc. to narrow your results further.
After responses start coming in, use the Placement Needed view to locate those who have not been placed:
Make a selection.
Change the selection to Current/unsaved Selection.
Use the Assign button to mark the Form Answer records as Placed = True.
Use the Transfer Selection Tool to copy your selection to the Participants page.
Open the Group or Event record and use the "Add" button on the Participants page to locate your new selection.
*If the form is going to be used along with an Event, it is recommended to use Product Option Groups to add registrants directly to Groups. See this article more information.
Disabling Further Responses
You can turn off access to a standalone form and stop further responses from coming in. To do so, go to Custom Forms > Forms and open the desired Form. Then simply add an End Date. If someone tries to access the form after the End Date, a message reads "This form has expired or is no longer available."