Extending MP to onboard volunteers - From the Trenches
Extending MP to Onboard Volunteers
A table to store the actual application of the individual (usually tied to the Participant or Contact record).
A table to store the reference responses for the potential volunteer.
A table to store the steps to volunteer (application, interview, background check, training, etc) and when the steps are accomplished.
A process to ask for and store staff approval/feedback for the individual volunteering and to help move them through the various steps of applying to serve.
Managing Motor Vehicle Records
Naming Custom Stored Procedures
- Prepend all custom stored procedures with a church specific set of initials. This allows custom stored procedures to stand out from those developed and deployed by ThinkMinistry.
- Append the stored procedure name with a version number to mark new iterations.
- Add comments within the stored procedure's code noting when changes were made and by whom.
Tracking Keys and Fobs
Managing keys and fobs can be a challenge for any church. One church created Pages to manage key and fobs and it has been of great benefit to their facilities team. Their process utilities four pages.
- Rooms (out-of-the-box Ministry Platform page) - a record for each room in the building.
- Access Levels (custom page) - A code etched on each key is the "access level" determining the room/suite the key will unlock.
- Access Level Rooms (custom page) - records which access level code unlocks which room(s).
- Keys Issued (custom page) - links the key(s) with the key holder, as well as the dates issued and returned.
Some churches have found a need to store incident reports to cover everything from a stranger on campus to robberies, injuries, etc. For this type of need, you may want to consider creating a page called "Incident Reports". Here's a screenshot of a page created by one church for "People of Interest" or "POI".