Prayer Requests - Apple iOS
To access Prayer Requests from MP Mobile:
- Tap on the Menu icon in the top left corner of the app.
- Tap Prayer Requests.
- Select the desired Campus and/or Ministry.
- Tap OK to apply filter.
- Tap OK to refresh list.
Prayer Requests are a type(s) of Feedback Entry. When using Prayer Requests:
- The list displays Prayer Requests for the selected Campus and/or Ministry.
- The Campus filter filters the list of Prayer Requests by the Campus of the Contact (as set on their Household record).
- The Ministry filter filters the list of Prayer Requests by the Ministry of the Contact's activity in a Group of that Ministry. In other words, the Contact has an active Group Participant record in a Group with that Ministry (as set on the Group record).
- Prayer Requests in the list are filtered by this choice. However, Search will return all Prayer Requests.
- Prayer Requests are sorted by Date Submitted.
- Prayer Request status can be seen by the icon next to the Date Submitted:
- New: No Contact Log entry is linked to this Prayer Request AND you have not viewed it in MP Mobile.
- Reviewed: No Contact Log entry is linked to this Prayer Request AND you have viewed it in MP Mobile.
- Responded: At least one Contact Log entry is linked to this Prayer Request.
- In Progress: The Feedback Entry is marked Ongoing Need = True.
- Assigned to me: When Assigned To Contact on Feedback Entry is the current User.
- Closed: The Feedback Entry is marked Care Outcome = Closed - Success or Closed - Failed.
- Scroll or search to see desired Prayer Requests.
- Tap on a listed Prayer Request to see Prayer Request details.
- For details on creating Feedback Entries in the Platform, see Feedback.
You can control what type(s) of Feedback Entry appear in MP Mobile by setting the Show on MPMobile field on the Feedback Type record to True in the Platform.
- Platform > System Lookups > Feedback Types
- Open the desired Feedback Type record.
- Click Edit.
- Set Show on MP Mobile = True.
- Click Save.
Search for Prayer Request
To search for a Prayer Request:
- Tap on the Search icon.
- Enter search terms using last, first name.
- Tap Search.
- Review results.
- Tap on desired Prayer Request to see Prayer Request details.
To start a new search, tap Cancel and start fresh.
Prayer Request Details
The Prayer Request detail screen includes:
- The name of the Contact (including a link to jump to their Contact record details)
- A picture of the Contact
- The date the Prayer Request was submitted
- Indication if the Prayer Request has been Answered (responded to)
- The description of the Prayer Request (the Description field of the Feedback Entry record)
- Any replies to the Prayer Request
- A option to "Enter your reply here..."
Responding to Prayer Requests
You can respond to a Prayer Request from the app. From the selected Prayer Request:
- Click "Enter your reply here..."
- Tap Quick Reply
- Tap the desired reply
- OR, Enter your response
- Tap the desired response method:
- As Email
- As Text
All responses are saved in the Contact Log and associated with the Feedback Entry record. The Contact Log Notes field will include the contents of your response with a Contact Log Type of E-mail (ID 5) or Text (ID 3).
Quick Reply uses a template to respond to the Prayer Request for standard replies like "Prayed for you this morning!". To set up for the first time, click "Create SMS template" or "Create email template". To create, see the steps detailed in SMS Template or Email Template.
Once setup, your Quick Reply options will be "Text: <your content>" or "Email: <your content>". Simply, tap the desired reply to respond.
These templates are saved and can be edited from the Settings page.
- Emails are sent from MP Mobile via the Platform, not your mobile device.
- The email received will be "from" the email address on your Contact record in the Platform associated with your User account.
- Replies to the email will come to the email address on your Contact record in the Platform associated with your User account. Replies are not logged in the Platform.
- Texts are sent from MP Mobile via the Platform, not your mobile device.
- For the text to successfully send from the Platform, the Platform must be configured for texting. Rights to the Text Message Tool in the Platform are not required for a User to use this feature in MP Mobile.
- The text received will be "from" your Twillio account number.
- Replies to the text are not supported by the Twillio integration.