Data Driven Subscriptions
If your organization has standard SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) you have the capability of creating a standard subscription. With this type of subscription a static list of people can receive the same report on a set schedule, whether or not that report has been updated since the last time it was sent. For instance, you can send yourself a report that shows all of your incomplete tasks every Monday. The report will be sent every Monday, whether or not you have any incomplete tasks.
Data Driven Subscription Basics
- If your organization owns the Enterprise version of SQL Server Reporting Services you have the capability to create Data Driven Subscriptions.
- Data Driven Subscriptions provide the ability to write a query that will pass multiple lists of emails and parameters on a schedule to the report so that the same report is sent to different people with different parameters.
- If you setup a subscription to a MinistryPlatform report and then an update is deployed to that report, your subscription will not be deleted and you shouldn't need to set it up again.
- Data Driven Subscription queries can be written to accompany existing reports or new reports.
A user can subscribe to a report called "Incomplete tasks" to have their version of that report delivered to their inbox every Monday. The user gets that report whether information has changed or not. and whether they have incomplete tasks or not.
A more advanced user can write a query, then put it into a Data Driven Subscription to get back a list of active staff members with one or more incomplete tasks every Monday and send each of those staff members a personalized version of the Incomplete Tasks report.
A Data Driven Subscription can be used to send a report to a Missions Team leader of each new person's custom form responses when the new person registers. This prevents the Mission Trip Leader from having to login to MinistryPlatform and run this report whenever someone registers.
Existing Projects Available
For those who have Enterprise version of SSRS*, here are some DDS (Data Driven Subscriptions) Professional Services has created for other churches that are available for purchase:
- Form Response Submission // Sends a copy of the Form's questions and answers (no instructions) to a Form Contact, Mission Contact, Ministry Contact, Event Contact, a group of people, etc. when a person submits their answers online within 15 min or less.
- Donation Subscription Expiration
- Feedback Leader Notification
- Group Roster
- Group Participants Expected
- Group Directory
- Major Donors
- Find Donors
*Can be modified for a Subscription for those who do not have Enterprise version. Just send your list of the people or their Contact URL to Support for an estimate or to customize the Subscription.