Opportunity Reminders are sent out in advance of an Opportunity to Participants with a Response or Heads of Household depending on how it is setup.
- Frequency: Daily
- Recipients: Any Participants with a Response in the Opportunity who has an email on file. If Send to Heads is selected, the Contacts who are Head of Household in the Registrant's Household.
- From/Reply To: The Primary Contact of the Opportunity. If it is null, then it will look at the Contacts identified in Message Template. If the template is also null, it will come from Support. Name displayed for email recipients is the sender's Nickname Last Name.
- Contents: An email reminding responders of an upcoming Opportunity.
- How to stop: Remove the value from "Date To Remind" field in the Event or set Configuration Setting for Message ID (see below) to 0.
- Method for sending: Platform
- Logging in Messages: Daily, template message is copied. Recipients are logged.
- Configuration Settings:
- SERVICES: OpportunityReminderNotificationMessageID specifies the Message template for notifications. Set to 0 (zero) to turn off Opportunity Reminders.
- Merge Fields supported:
Subject & Body: [Nickname], [Opportunity_Title].
Body only: [Last_Name], [Publish_Date], [Opportunity_Description], [Group_Name], [Event_Title], [Opportunity_Details_URL], [Opportunity_Date].
- Initial Configuration: For each Opportunity, set the Date To Remind and make sure there is a Message Template ID in the Configuration Setting (see above).
- Optional Configuration: Create your own, Opportunity-specific message template and set in optional reminder message.
- Notes: If new Responses are added to the Opportunity after the reminder email has been sent, they will not receive a reminder email as the notification is sent once (based on the Date to Remind value) to the Participants responded at the time of notification.
When creating your Opportunity, you can set up a reminder email using the following fields.
- Date to Remind — The date when a reminder will be sent (which must be in the future. It will not run if set to today's date). As long as the Response is open (Closed = False), they will get an email
- Optional Reminder Message — allows the user to override the default reminder message with an Opportunity-specific reminder message.
- Send to Heads — will send the message to two Heads of Household in the Respondent's Household if they have a different email address than the registrant. The messages will be automatically adjusted to say Parent of.
- If the Respondent is assigned to Default Contact, the reminder will not be sent.
- If the Respondent has a Response that is closed (Closed = True), the reminder will not be sent.
- If set to "Send to Heads", the reminder will be sent to Heads even if the Respondent does not have an email address on their Contact record.
- The reminder is only sent for Opportunities that are current (ongoing) or in the future but not the past.
- This runs once during your nightly routine, so it must have at least 1-day lead-time to run.
- If the Date to Remind value is changed to a qualified future date after a reminder has already been sent by the routine, another reminder will be sent.