Registrant Message Notification
The Registrant Message Notification is sent to Participants registered for an Event.
- Frequency: Every 15 minutes (this will depend on your individual schedule that was set up during Implementation). Some are set up to run from 8 am - 6 pm Daily (Sun - Sat) while others may run 24 hrs. Contact Support to check this schedule on your server or to change the schedule.
- Recipients: Any Event Participant with a status of 02 Registered and with the Registrant Message Sent field set to No or Undefined. If Send to Heads is chosen and the Registrant is not a Head of Household the Registrant and the Contacts who are Head of Household in the Registrant's Household will receive the message. If the Registrant is a Head of Household, only they will receive the message and no one else.
- From/Reply To: The Event Primary Contact. If the Primary Contact does not have a valid email address, it will use the From field on the Message Template. If the Message Template does not have a valid email address, then it will use firstname.lastname@example.org and we recommend changing the Email Address on the Template.
- Contents: An event-specific email giving registrants additional information about the event for which they have been registered.
- How to Stop: Remove the message from Registrant Message in the Event record.
- Method for sending: Platform
- Logging in Messages: Daily, template message is copied. Recipients are logged. Event Participant Record will have True for Registrant Message Sent.
- Configuration Settings: None
- Merge fields supported:
Subject & Body: [Nickname], [Event_Title].
Body only: [Notes], [Email_Address], [Mobile_Phone], [Event_Title], [Meeting_Instructions], [Congregation_Name], [Location_Name], [Event_Start_Date], [Group_Name], [Domain_GUID], [Contact_GUID], [Option_Title]. The Option_Title token will list all of the options chosen (separated by a comma).
- Initial Configuration: Create a message and set it as the Registrant Message on the Event record.
- Optional Configuration: None
- Notes: The email used for registration on the Portal which is stored in event participant notes will be used if present. Keep in mind it doesn't matter how the registrant was added to the event. They will be sent this email if they have an email on file.
- Event Series — Each Event is separate and each Event can have its own Registrant Message.
- A Registrant Message will be sent for each Event in the series with a Registrant Message set on the specific Event record.
- If you allow registration on any Event in a series and have Register into Series=True and if multiple Registrant Messages are not desired (see point above), then you can set the Registration Message value only on the last Event in the series.
- Message Templates — You can use the same Message template for various Events. Each Event does not have to have its own Message template, although it can if that level of customization is desired.
- The Message does not have to be a template to be used.
- Attachments are not sent with the Message. Send links to publicly downloadable files.
- Future Events only — Messages are not sent for Events with dates in the past. If a Participant is added after the Event Start Date a Registrant Message will not be sent.
- Event Primary Contact — Messages are not sent for Events if the Primary Contact does not have an email address.
- Default Contact — If the Registrant is assigned to Default Contact, the message will be sent to the email provided during registration (This will show up in the Notes field of the Event Participant record when the Email and Address1 fields are populated).
- If Send to Heads=True and the Event Participant record is assigned to Default Contact, no Head-of-Household can be identified and thus no Head-of-Household email will be sent out.
- We recommend reviewing and cleaning up/clearing out the Event Participant > 1. Reassign Participant view daily. Or, to reduce Default Contacts, require the registrant to login to register using the Force Login=True on the Event record.
- No Email — If no email was provided during registration, then the message will not be sent until one is entered into the Event Participant's Contact record.
Resend a Notification
At times it may be necessary to resend the Registrant Message to an individual, such as if the individual used the wrong email address or reports not receiving the email. These steps will allow the message to be sent again:
- Open the Event Participant record for the individual (either in the Participant sub-page of the event, or the Event Participant page)
- Click Edit
- Change Registrant message Sent field to "No"
- Modify the Email in the Notes field to the correct email address
- Click Save
- Wait for the Notification to run again.