Report & DB Updates: 2013 - August
Release Dates: August 13-15, 2013
Database and Setup Changes
- Added a “Last Attended” field to the Participants sub-page of an open group record.
- Contact Log Page: “All records” view updated adding “Planned Contact Title” and “Contact Successful” fields.
- Contact Attributes Page: “All records” view updated adding “Attribute Type” as well as moving Display Name to the first column to simplify searching on attributes associated with companies as well as improve sorting.
- Renamed “All Event Services” to “Service Reservations”.
- The “Programs” page is now listed under the “Stewardship” Page section as well as the “Ministries & Groups” page section.
- Ministries Page: “All Records” view updated adding “Primary Contact”, Parent Ministry”, and “Available Online.”
- Households Care Log Page: “All Records” view updated to avoid an issue when using new message tool.
- Users Page: “All Records” view updated to add “In Recovery”.
- Attendance Sub Page of an open Group Participant record: “All Records” view updated adding event start date, time confirmed, and time out.
- Re-ordered Deposits Page moving “Deposit Name” up (all churches affected).
- Re-ordered Groups Page moving “On Classroom Manager” up (all churches affected).
- Re-ordered Ministries Page moving “End Date”, “Parent Ministry”, and “Primary Contact” up. Moved Priority_ID down (2012 and earlier churches affected).
- Re-ordered Programs Page moving “On Connection Card” up. (2012 and earlier churches affected).
Security Role Changes
- Granted full rights over the “Service Reservations”, “Equipment Reservations” & “Room Reservations” pages to the “Event Management Team” security role.
- Granted Full rights over the “Form Responses” sub-page of the Events page to the “Administrators” security role.
- Granted Full rights over the “Answers” sub-page of the Event Participants, Pledge, and Responses pages to the “Administrators” security role.
- Granted Full rights over the “Fields” sub-page of the Forms page to the “Administrators” security role.
- Removed ability for any security role to delete users, contacts, donors, participants. This is now strictly a function of the Combine Contacts tool.
- Removed ability for any security role to delete security roles
- Created a separate “Portal Content Manager” security role and put all Administrators into this role. Updated the Portal configuration setting related to this function.
- Donor Giving Band Summary: Report on donors by category with information about giving by age group, city, giving levels (bands). Giving Levels can be adjusted in Configuration Settings.
- Planned Contact Listing: View the planned contacts assigned to a particular user that have not yet been completed.
- Pledge Campaign Statement: Prints all donations by all donors to a campaign over the entire life of the campaign.
- Pledge Campaign Statement – Selected: Prints all donations by selected donors to a campaign over the entire life of the campaign.
- Selected Batch Congregation Mismatch: Report on donations by batch where the congregation associated with the person is different from the one to which the donation was credited.
- Selected Publication Subscriber Export: Export the contact information for each person associated with a selected publication.
- Selected Publication Household Export: Export the contact information for each household associated with a selected publication.
- Donation Analysis: Optimized to return results much faster. Fixed an issue with the report width to prevent extra pages from printing. Added the ability to perform a multi-select on the Statement Header parameter.
- Donor Giving Band Analysis: Improved sorting.
- Donor Giving Band Export: Added two new columns, improved sorting, added an option to export donor name.
- Double Booked Rooms: Updated Stored Procedure to handle null value in room number field.
- Envelope File Report updated to better handle spouses with different last names.
- Find Donors: Updated so that Statement Header is a multi-select parameter. Improved performance and formatting.
- Find Donors Export: Updated so that Statement Header is a multi-select parameter. Improved performance and formatting.
- Major Donors: Added filters for accounting company, congregation, statement header, and program. Added options to include an address, an extra line, and control the sort. Improved formatting and performance.
- Selected Contact Group Involvement: Added the ability to filter the list to individuals and group roles that required a background check and/or are expired. Color coded these rows. Provided the ability to turn color coding off. Added a note to the end of the report explaining the color coding.
- Selected Contact Letter: Updated to prevent an error if the “Letter Body” field is null.
- Selected Directory – Household: Updated with a parameter to honor contact’s preferences regarding unlisted phones, email, and directory inclusion.
- Selected Event Participants List: added the ability to multi-select on participation status. Added the ability to decide which phone will print.
- Selected Group Roster Parent Info: made the individual’s name bold. Added the ability to print the Group Participant Notes field under the individual’s name.
- Selected Labels: Added the ability to include an optional first line like “To the Parents of”.
Page Views and Sub Page Views Added
- Three new page views added to the Background Checks page dealing specifically with individuals in groups with a role that is set as “background check required” = “yes”.
- Required: Valid
- Required: About to Expire
- Required: Expired
- One new page view added to the Users page called “In Recovery” to show user accounts where the password has yet to be reset by a user who has used the Portal’s Forgot Password feature.
- Two new Sub Page Views added to the “People” sub-page of the Attributes Page for older customers.
- Current Attributes
- Past Attributes
- One new Sub Page View added to the “To: Contacts” sub-page of the Message record. Can be used to create a selection of contacts whose did not get an email delivered if the New Message process is interrupted.
Updated Nightly Routines
- Weekly promotion has been updated improving the calculation for “months of age”. Specifically, a change was made in dbo.service_promote_weekly.
General Database Changes
- Modified a trigger on the Events table which changes the title if you cancel the event. The change to this trigger will prevent an error if the event title plus “***Cancelled***” is more than 50 characters. The impacted trigger is: [dbo].[tr_event_cancelled]
- Dropped a few deprecated stored procedures no longer used by any applications.
- Made the following fields on dp_Pages table required: Selected Record Expression, Default Field List, SystemTable
- Changed the data type of the following field: Event_Rooms.Notes
- Increased the length of dp_Users.Display_Name to 75 characters from 50 to be consistent with Contacts.Display_Name
- Increased the length of Contact_Attributes.Notes to Varchar(2000)
- Ministries.Priority_ID is no longer a required field
- Ministries.Primary_Contact is now a required field
- Non-clustered Index added to Event_Participants.Group_Participant_ID
- Non-clustered index added to dp_Audit_Detail.Audit_Item_ID
General Setup Area Changes
- Address Page: Selected Record expression updated to handle any null values
- Activity Log Sub Page of the Participant record: Changed Relation_Type_ID to 3 and Filter_Key to Contact_ID. The field Activity_Log.Participant_ID is now deprecated.
- Programs Page was updated so that the Pick List View is set equal to the same view that is currently in the Default View.
Configuration Page Changes
- Improved the value and description of the NewUserContactNotFoundMessage Portal key.
Report Stored Procedures Created or Updated
Last Modified: 4/7/2018
Did this article help?
× Thank You for the Feedback