The Participant Engagement routine updates the Participant Engagement field on the Participant record nightly. This value can then be used in any user-defined views (queries).
Other hidden fields are also set on the Participant record by the engagement routine that might be useful:
- Participants > Recent Events // People with attendance in the past 90 days (based on event participant records) with Event Types included (Omit = False). As for the Events and attendance, it is ANY event with 02 Registered, 03 Attended, or 04 Confirmed in the past 90 days.
- Participants > Is Leading // People who are currently active in the group (null or future end date on the group participant record) and has a Group Role Type of Leader.
- Participants > Is Serving // People who are currently active in the group (null or future end date on the group participant record) and has a Group Role Type of Leader or Servant.
- Participants > In Group Life // People who are currently active in the group (no end date on the group participant record) with Group Types included (Omit = False).
- Households > Last Activity // Any person within the household's last date of activity (including giving, responses, pledging, attendance, or in a group)
Participant Engagement Values
The Participant Engagement routine looks at Participant activity to determine the degree to which someone is engaged. Values (found in Lookup Values > Participant Engagement) are defined as:
- Fully Engaged // Small group, AND serving/Leading AND EITHER Individual Attendance (including registrations) OR giving past 90 days.
- Partially Engaged // Small group* OR serving/leading* OR individual attendance (including registration) OR giving past 90 days.
- Observing // Some individual or household activity in the past 90 days, but not enough to qualify as partially or full engaged.
- Lapsing // Contact Status of Active, Temporarily Away, or Homebound, but no individual or household activity in 90 days.
- Lapsed // Contact status of inactive OR contact status of Deceased OR there is no individual or household activity in the past 180 days.
*Small Group refers to a Participant having a Group Participant record associated with a Group which has Group Type of Small Group. Serving/Leading refers to a Participant having a Group Participant record with a Group Role that is assigned as a Servant or Leader Role Type. See Creating Groups and Define Group Roles for more information
Excluding Certain Activity From Engagement
- Group Types // Set "Omit From Engagement Group Life" to True to remove this Group Type from being considered by the engagement routine.
- Event Types // Set "Omit From Engagement Event Attendance" to True to remove this Event Type from being considered by the engagement routine.
- Programs // Set "Omit From Engagement Giving" to True to remove this Program (Giving) from being considered by the engagement routine. Giving is based on Household (or Donor if not in Household). For best performance, set SERVICES,AddHouseholdDonationDates Configuration Setting to "yes"
Updates to these values will not be reflected until the routine runs again (nightly).
See the "Included in Participant Engagement" views (and if needed, the NOT in view toggle) on each of these pages to aid in review and management.