Rich text fields support html and may be edited using the default wysiwyg ("what you see is what you get") editor or the source view.
A. Full-Screen View
This allows you to edit your text in full-screen mode, much like a word processor. This enlarges the view to the full size of the browser window. You can return to the regular view using the same button.
B. HTML Source View
When in HTML Source View, you can edit html directly. Below you can see the source for the example above.
Use the same button to return to the normal wysiwyg (what you see is what you get) editor view.
C. Expand Textbox
If your browser supports it, you can expand the textbox in source view using this handle.
HTML Editor Toolbar
Tools available in the editor toolbar include:
- Cut - Cuts the selected text
- Copy - Copies the selected text
- Paste - Pastes previously copied or cut text. This will replace the selected text. Pasted text from MS Word is automatically stripped of any MSO formatting.
- Bold - Applies bold to selected text.
- Italic - Applies italics to selected text.
- Underline - Applies underline to selected text.
This is should be avoided because underlined text is easily confused with a link.
- Strikethrough - Applies
strikethroughto selected text.
- Numbered Lists - List with numbers 1,2,3
- Bulleted Lists - List with bullets •
- Indent - Increases left margin
- Outdent - Decreases left margin. In
- Left Align - Paragraph is aligned left, ragged on right.
- Center Align - Paragraph is centered.
- Right Align - Paragraph is ragged on left and aligned on right.
- Insert Link - This requires a link, link text (the visible underlined link), and a target. You may target a different window, such as opening in new window (rather than replacing the current window).
- Remove Link - This removes a link and retains the text.
- Insert Image - These must be inserted as a link to an image.
- Toggle Full Screen - see above
- HTML Source View - see above