5 Main Records in MinistryPlatform
There are 5 closely-related records which are primary in MinistryPlatform:
- Contact - Everyone. Holds personal information such as gender, birthday, mobile phone, email.
- Household - Almost Everyone. Holds information such as multiple contacts, physical address, home phone and congregation.
- Donor - Anyone who has given money. Holds information such as Donations, pledges.
- Participant - Anyone involved in the life of the Church. Holds information such as participation in Groups and Events.
- User - Anyone who creates an account online or those who have right to the platform. Holds username and password.
A person always has a Contact record and a Household record regardless of the entry point of that record into the database. Depending on how a person enters into the database, they may also have a Donor, Participant and/or User record.
Video Topics: Records and Concepts
0:21 - The 5 Main Records in the Platform
3:30 - MinistryPlatform Applications
5:31 - Where Contacts Come From
6:00 - Records Which Are Created