Working with Custom Forms
- A Custom Form is an information gathering option. To create a Custom Form use the Custom Form Editor Tool
- A Custom Form can be standalone or can be attached to other MinistryPlatform functions. Specifically:
- Standalone Form: A Custom Form that is not associated with any other MinistryPlatform functionality. A standalone form could be used for surveys or static forms you want to publish on your website.
- Event Registration Forms: A Custom Form that is associated with an Event in the Event's Registration Form field. The form questions appear after the default attendee information fields that are always present in an Event registration. This is an option if you need to collect additional information as a part of your registration (e.g., t-shirt size).
- Opportunity Forms: A Custom Form that is associated with an Opportunity in the Opportunity's Custom Form field. The form questions appear after the default fields that are always present in Opportunity Finder's response form.
- Mission Trip Registration Forms: A Custom Form that is associated with a Mission Trip Pledge Campaign. The form questions appear after the default fields that are always present in a Mission Trip Registration form.
- Contact and Household information that people enter via a Custom Form does not automatically update their Contact or Household records. This is by design. When a person fills out a Custom Form, it's never known exactly what is being asked, so it cannot be confidently assumed that the person entering the contact information is entering it for themselves or someone else.
Last Modified: 9/14/2020
Did this article help?
× Thank You for the Feedback