Export Deposits to Financial Edge
A report and custom fields can be added to your MinistryPlatform system to allow you to create a file that creates debits and credits for Financial Edge journal entries. If you want this functionality added to your system, a SPoC can contact Support and request this as a professional services project.
A SPoC must complete some initial setup for this functionality to work. If a new Program, Bank Account or Journal Ref Prefix is added in the future, this process must be repeated for the new additions. Do not include any spaces (except Bank Names) when adding information to the fields indicated below. Hyphens and periods are okay:
- Add Bank names to Lookup Values > Banks using GL Account numbers.
- Add Journal Ref Prefixes in Lookup Values > Journal Ref Pre.
- Go to Church Structure > Programs and populate the BB account information on all Program records:
- BB Account Number Project ID.
- BB Contra Income Account.
- BB Liability Account.
- BB Liability Account Project ID.
Once these fields are populated, you can test your setup as follows:
- MinistryPlatform creates a CSV file that you can use as many times as necessary to load in Financial Edge if it doesn't work the first time. If you are familiar with Financial Edge and what information the file needs, you can look at the file to verify it before importing to Financial Edge.
- We do not recommend testing with a Deposit that's already been exported and used in your legacy or current financial system.
- Add Bank account information for any account where you make regular deposits to in Lookup Values > Banks.
- Add fund accounts to your Programs page.
- Add revenue accounts to the appropriate fields on either the Program, Event or Product Option Price pages.
Financial Edge Export will look for the Events > BB Account Number first and if there isn't one, it will look on the Programs page. This is true for Deposits and Payments.
You only need to add the General Cash Accounts into the Banks page. This includes any account that you make regular deposits to for Contributions, Event Registrations, etc.
The Programs page has places for 4 different Account Numbers depending on if it is for Payments or Deposits.
The Deposits page has an Account Number for the Account Summary report only. Not included on exports.
You can use the Exception Report to help map out where the Account Numbers should go in MP and which ones you need it to hit on the export.
On Deposits Export, the Cash Account from Bank > Account Number (Debit) will offset the Events > BB Account Number (Credit) or Programs > BB Account Number (Credit). On the Programs page, "BB Contra Income Account" (Debit) and "BB Liability Account" (Credit) will offset each other on the Deposits Export.
On Payments Export, the Cash Account from Bank > Account Number (Debit) will offset the Events > BB Account Number (Credit) or Programs > BB Account Number (Credit). Only.
Exporting to Financial Edge
- Go to Stewardship > Deposits.
- Make sure you have 0 Selected on the Deposits page.
- Change your view to Ready to Export.
- Select all the Deposits in the Ready to Export view, and change your Selection drop-down to Current/Unsaved Selection to confirm your selection.
- If desired, run any preliminary reports for this selection of Deposits.
- Click Reports > Selected Deposit - Financial Edge Export
- Select the Bank Account Number.
- Choose the Journal Ref Prefix.
- Click View Report.
- Review the on-screen report.
- If the report is correct, click the Ready to Export link in the report.
- Export the results to a CSV.
- Import to Financial Edge.
Additional Financial Edge Reports
A SPoC can contact Support to have Professional Services deploy additional Financial Edge reports.
- Account Summary - Financial Edge Export: this report summarizes Donations between two dates by Blackbaud/Financial Edge account number.
- Account & Date Exceptions - Financial Edge: this report identified Donations that might have issues because of their date, the Deposit date or their posting accounts.
See Also: Processing Payments to Financial Edge