User Task Notification
We strongly discourage turning off this notification. The Task Notification email is an essential part of using MinistryPlatform. It is a critical step to ensure that Tasks are being seen, addressed and completed in a timely manner to keep your ministry moving!
This Notification sends emails to Users who have outstanding Tasks.
- Frequency: Daily
- Recipients: Any secured user with outstanding tasks.
- From/Reply To: Your DBMail account email.
- Contents: A list of open tasks (current and past) for that user with a link to the task or record associated with the task. (Tasks without dates will not be included as without dates they are not considered outstanding.)
- How to stop: Set the configuration setting below to 0.
- Method for sending: DBMail
- Logging in Messages: None
- Configuration Settings:
- SERVICES: TaskNotificationMessageID specifies which Message template to use for notifications. Set this to 0 (zero) to turn off Task Notifications.
- Merge fields supported: [Nickname], [Task List], [BaseURL]
- Initial Configuration: None
- Optional Configuration: Modify the message to suit
Any person with a user role and an incomplete task will get these emails. If you have just given volunteers a role, they may get old tasks sent to them via this process. To correct this, do the following:
- Go to the User Tasks page
- Select the outstanding SUBMIT tasks for the appropriate users
- Assign them all to Completed=Yes