A Group Inquiry record is an indication of interest in a specific Group.
The Group Inquiries page can be found in the People Lists folder; additionally, Inquiries made to specific Groups can be found on the Inquiries sub-page of a Group.
Group Inquiry records can be created automatically when someone indicates interest in a Group on Group Finder. Group Inquiry records can also be created manually in the Platform on the Group Inquiries page or the Inquiries sub-page in a Group.
Inquiry Record Fields
- Group: the Group the person expressed interest in.
- Contact: the person who expressed interest.
- Inquiry Date: the date the person expressed interest.
- First Name, Last Name, Phone, Email, Comments: information provided by the person if they expressed interest via Group Finder.
- Placed: a way for staff to indicate whether the person was placed in the Group they inquired about. Setting Placed to Yes does not automatically add the person as a Participant in the Group (note: a custom process to automatically add placed Inquiries as Group Participants can be set up by Professional Services).
- From Group Finder: appears as False, as this is for a future enhancement.
- When Inquiry records are created via Group Finder, the Inquiry record might be assigned to Default Contact if the system couldn't make a confident match to an existing Contact Record. It's recommended that you reassign the Default Contacts to real records. To do so, open the Inquiry record, click Edit, indicate the correct person in the Contact field and click Save. If the person doesn't yet have a record in MinistryPlatform, create one using the Add/Edit Family Tool.
- Leaders and Primary Contacts of Groups can manage Inquiries made to their Group on My Groups. Click here to learn more. The Primary Contact of the Group's Parent Group does not have this functionality. Also, only Inquiries generated via Group Finder can be managed on My Groups (not Inquiries created manually in the Platform). Lastly, a Group Inquiry does not show on My Groups if it is submitted by someone who is already an active Participant in the Group.
- Staff who manage Inquiries in the Platform can utilize the Placed field to track placements. Remember: setting the Placed field to Yes does not automatically add the person to the Group; you have to do that manually unless you have Professional Services create a custom process for you.
- Any current Group Participant or open Group Inquiry record will count towards the total in the group and thus close the group if a target size is indicated.
Last Modified: 5/5/2018
Did this article help?
× Thank You for the Feedback