The Opportunity Response Notification is sent to Participants who have responded to an Opportunity.
- Frequency: Every 15 minutes (this will depend on your individual schedule that was set up during Implementation). Some are set up to run from 8 am - 6 pm Daily (Sun - Sat) while others may run 24 hrs. Contact Support to check this schedule on your server or to change the schedule.
- Recipients: Any Participant with Response and with the Response Message Sent field set to No or Undefined. If Send to Heads was chosen, the Contacts who are Head of Household in the Respondent's Household.
- From/Reply To: The Opportunity Primary Contact. If the Primary Contact does not have a valid email address, it will use the From field on the Message Template. If the Message Template does not have a valid email address, then it will use firstname.lastname@example.org and we recommend changing the Email Address on the Template.
- Contents: An Opportunity-specific email giving respondents additional information about the Opportunity for which they have responded.
- How to Stop: Remove the message from Response Message in the Opportunity record.
- Method for sending: Platform
- Logging in Messages: Daily, template message is copied. Recipients are logged. Opportunity Response record will have True for Response Message Sent.
- Configuration Settings: None
- Merge fields supported:
Subject & Body: [Nickname], [Opportunity_Title].
Body only: [Email_Address], [Mobile_Phone], [Opportunity_Title], [Opportunity_Date].
- Initial Configuration: Create a message and set it as the Response Message on the Opportunity record.
- Optional Configuration: None
- Notes: The email used for responding on the Portal which is stored in Response record in the Email field (under website submission) will be used if present. Keep in mind it doesn't matter how the respondent was added to the Opportunity. They will be sent this email if they have an email on file.
When creating your Opportunity, you can set up response emails using the following fields.
- Response Message: Use this field to set an email to send to a respondent no matter how a person is added to an Opportunity. As long as they have a Response, they will get an email with this message if one is applied to this field.
- Close Responses: Use this field to automatically close responses and add Info Sent to the Response Result field.
- Response Message Sent — tracks if the response email was sent. (The routine runs every 15 minutes.)
- Message Templates — You can use the same Message template for various Opportunities. Each Opportunity does not have to have its own Message template, although it can if that level of customization is desired.
- The Message does not have to be a template to be used.
- Attachments are not sent with the Message. Send links to publicly downloadable files.
- Future Opportunities only — Messages are not sent to Opportunities with dates in the past. If a Response is added after the Opportunity Date a Response Message will not be sent.
- Default Contact — If the Respondent is assigned to Default Contact, the message will be sent to the email provided during response (the Email field (under website submission) of the Response record).
- If Send to Heads=True and the Response record is assigned to Default Contact, no Head-of-Household can be identified and thus no Head-of-Household email will be sent out.
- We recommend reviewing and cleaning up/clearing out any unassigned Responses daily. Or, to reduce Default Contacts, encourage the respondent to login to respond by sending the Opportunity Sign Up Communications Snippet.
- No Email — If no email was provided during response, then the message will not be sent until one is entered into the Respondent's Contact record.
Opportunity Response Notification Not Sending
- Submission time: Was the record submitted within the last 15 minutes? The Notification may not have had time to run yet.
- Notification Sent: Is the Notification Sent field on the Response set to “No”? It must be in order to send.
- Response Message: Does the Opportunity have the Response Message field populated with the correct message? The message does not need to be a template.
- Response record Email: Is the Email on the Response record, under Website Submission, a valid email address? Is the Response connected to the right Contact? Either a valid email address must be present on the Response record or the connected Contact record in order to be sent.