Contact Log Tool
- The Contact Log Tool allows you to quickly add a Contact Log record for one individual or several individuals at one time.
- When the tool is launched from a selection of records, you can input the same Contact Log entry to each selected Contact record.
- When the tool is launched from an open record, you can input a Contact Log entry for them.
- Either way the tool is launched, you can search for a desired Contact. Search results (if available) appear and update as you continue to type.
- The Contact Made By field is auto-populated with the Contact of the User launching the tool, but can be changed. You can select from a list of the first 1000 Users who have at least one Security Role.
- After clicking Save, your Contact Log details are saved and can be applied to another Contact simply by:
- Searching for and selecting the next desired Contact, and
- Clicking Save.
- Information logged via the Contact Log Tool is stored:
- On the Contact Log sub-page of the applicable Contact record(s), and
- In Communications > Contact Log.
- The Contact Log Tool is already available on over 25 pages of MinistryPlatform. If needed, a SPoC or Support can deploy the tool to additional pages so long as Contact_ID_Field is defined on the desired page.
- Ensure the desired Contact Types are defined (found in System Lookups > Contact Types), as well as the desired Planned Contacts (found in Communications > Planned Contacts).
- If you need to set the Made By as the Unassigned Caller for My Calls make sure the appropriate User ID is set in the COMMON, MyCallsAssignableUserID Configuration Setting.
- SPoCs can grant user access to this tool via the normal process.
Using the Contact Log Tool
- Launch the tool by either:
- Selecting desired record(s) > Tools > Contact Log Tool, OR
- Going to Contacts page > open desired Contact record > Tools > Contact Log Tool, OR
- Tools > Contact Log Tool > Search for the desired Contact.
- Search results (if available) appear and update as you continue to type.
- If no match is found, add the individual using the Add/Edit Family Tool and then search again.
- Enter the desired Contact Log information.
- Click Save.
- Once processed, click Close on the progress dialogue.
- Repeat, if needed.
0:24 - Entering Data for Several People
1:34 - Entering Data for 1 Person
1:46 - Finding the Records in MP
Last Modified: 8/13/2019
Did this article help?
× Thank You for the Feedback