Opportunities & Responses
- Opportunity records are ways to be involved in your church; they're essentially the classified ads in a newspaper.
- Opportunities can be promoted via the Portal. You might also promote them via your worship service connection card. Opportunities may include things such as:
- Ongoing ministry positions where people can serve as a part of a specific Ministry and Congregation (e.g., Children's Ministry Teachers at the Downtown campus).
- One-time opportunities to serve at a specific event (e.g., Parking Attendants at the 10 am Easter service).
- Requests for information (e.g., learn about baptism).
- Response records are how interest in a specific Opportunity is noted in MinistryPlatform. In other words, a Response is a log of someone's interest in ministry that requires immediate follow-up and is evidence of activity by that person.
- A Response should be followed-up by someone on your team. This is a perfect opportunity to utilize a Process to email the Opportunity's Contact Person about the Response record. See the Response Follow-up Default Process for an example.
Last Modified: 7/2/2019
Did this article help?
× Thank You for the Feedback