Batch Manager Tool - July 2017
*Important* As a result of this update, you will need to 1) uninstall the existing Scan Tool and 2) install the new Scanning Service. See step-by-step details outlined below.
- *New* The Scan Tool desktop application has been replaced with a Scanning Service that once installed runs automatically in the background as a Windows service. *Action Required* You will need to uninstall the existing Scan Tool and install the new Scan Service. See steps outlined below.
- Fixed an issue where a new Batch didn't show the Batch Total of $0.00 in the Batch Summary until a Donation was added.
- Enhanced the re-scan functionality to maintain the scroll position of the Batch so as not to "lose your place" when re-scanning a Donation.
- Enhanced the scanning queue management to ensure scanned checks all create a related Donation record.
- *New* Scanner Settings for device selection and statistics is now available in a dialogue selected from the Scan drop down of an open Batch.
- Fixed an issue where new Donor records did not honor the Country set in the DBT,Country Configuration Setting.
- Fixed an issue where a new Donor record created would put the Country in the Country Code abbreviation field and not the fully Foreign Country name field.
- Fixed an issue where a new Donor record created would not save the entered State in the Address record.
- Fixed an issue where a new Donor record created would not populate the Nickname field.
- Fixed an issue where changing the Donation total after scanning might clear amounts from related Distributions.
- Fixed an issue where the Donation's Position Number value would start over for additional scanned items potentially affecting the sort order of Donations in the Batch.
- Enhanced the X937 file format to transact a single bank deposit even when multiple Batches were included in the file export (unless your bank requires a "deposit ticket" as part of the file).
- Fixed an issue where certain check images were severely darkened when exported and included in the X937 file.
- Fixed an issue where certain check images were not sharp enough for a bank when exported and included in the X937 file.
Install Scanning Service *All Scanner Users*
- Make sure you are logged into the machine as an administrator.
- Find the Batch Manager Scanning Tool in your system tray.
- Click Exit.
- Go to Add/Remove Programs (under System Settings).
- Find and select the Batch Manager Scanning Tool.
- Click Uninstall.
- After allowing the uninstall action to fully complete, confirm the Batch Manager Scanning Tool is no longer in your list of Programs.
- Login to the Batch Manager Tool (https://<your domain>.ministryplatform.com/batchmanager).
- When presented with the Scanner Not Ready dialogue, click Download Scanning Service.
- Open the Setup Wizard (depending on your browser and machine you might need to also "allow" or "keep" or "run" to launch).
- Click Next.
- Review and accept the License Agreement.
- Click Next.
- Review the Destination Folder and change, if needed.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish.
- From the Batch Manager, open or create a Batch.
- From the Scan drop down, choose Scanner Settings.
- Confirm the correct scanner is selected.
BMT Version 2.7.17
Scan Tool Version 188.8.131.52
Last Modified: 4/6/2018
Did this article help?
× Thank You for the Feedback