Reset User Security
Because auto-login snippets allow users to directly login by following a link, there are times when you have to break the link you have already provided. This is done by resetting the User's security. Once this is done, the user can no longer use the link to login.
- The Reset User Security Tool allows you to reset the User and Contact GUIDs on desired records (a GUID is a globally unique identifier that is specific to each record).
- The tool is helpful in user security and protects a user if one of their personalized links such as an auto-login snippet is erroneously shared with others (e.g., via forwarding or copying/pasting the auto-login snippet). The tool immediately makes any prior auto-login for the reset records invalid.
- The tool is typically used by SPoCs or other high level users. SPoCs can grant user access to the tool via the normal process.
Resetting User Security
- Launch the tool by either:
- Go to Contacts page > open desired record > Tools > Reset User Security, OR
- Go to Contacts page > select desired records > Tools > Reset User Security, OR
- Go to Users page > open desired record > Tools > Reset User Security, OR
- Go to Users page > select desired records > Tools > Reset User Security.
- On the pop-up window, click Reset.
- Close the window.
0:10 - Overview of the tool
0:56 - Launching the tool
1:25 - Working within the tool