Add a Payment
- The Add A Payment Tool allows users to:
- Log cash or check payment for an event registrant,
- Apply a scholarship to an event registrant, or
- Complete a registration form for someone who registered in some way other than the Portal registration process (e.g., in person, on paper).
- The tool is designed for payments that either:
- Cover the entire event cost (base price + options), OR
- Cover all Product Option cost (as a partial payment for the event).
- The tool does not reverse payment or handle negative payments. See Reversing Payments.
- The tool does not initiate or process electronic payments (e.g., credit card, debit card).
- The tool presumes that the individual is already related to the Event. If that's not the case, go to Events > open desired Event record > click New > add desired individual as 02-Registered > Save.
- An Online Registration Product needs to be associated with the event record for data in the tool to display.
- If an Option Price has any value in the Days Out to Hide field, the Product will not appear in the tool, and the payment will not be able to be added. Removing the Days Out to Hide value will allow the Product to appear and be used in the tool.
- SPoCs can grant user access to the tool via Security Roles and Tool Permissions.
Adding a Payment
- Launch the tool by either:
- Going to Events > Tools > Add A Payment > search for and select desired Event, OR
- Going to Events > open desired Event record > Tools > Add A Payment.
- Select desired event registrant.
- Complete the payment and registration form (if it was previously completed, the fields will be read-only).
- Select the person who made the payment (for scholarships, the type is Internal/Scholarships and the Payer is the church).
- Enter the payment details (Payee and payment details must be entered even if the event is free or the tool is being used to complete a registration form).
- Click Submit.
Applying a Promo Code when Adding Payment
Promo Codes are designed to be used on the Portal at the time of registration and are not included in the Add A Payment Tool. However, if you want to give someone paying offline credit for a Promo Code, you have two options:
Example: A $30 Event with a $5 Promo Code:
- Use the Add A Payment Tool to mark that the person owes $30 and paid $25. Once complete, edit the related Invoice Detail and Payment Detail records to change the amount owed to $25 and Paid in Full. This option loses visibility that the Promo Code was applied.
- Use the Add A Payment Tool to mark that the person owes $30 and paid $25. Once complete, edit the related Invoice Detail and Payment Detail records to add the Promo Code line item and adjust any total as needed. This option maintains visibility that the Promo Code was applied.